Anna Ziemer Moves On…
In February Anna Ziemer , takes up a full-time post at Bolton University as a senior lecturer on their brand new Physiotherapy course. Anna is destined to teach & the students she meets will have an inspirational start to their careers.
All that have met Anna Ziemer will know what I mean when I describe her as a phenomenon.
Anna’s dedication to her profession & her patients is an example to us all. Her energy and drive leaves most of us in ore. A dedicated wife & mum of two, she has combined working for SP Therapy Services, with being a part time university lecturer, the secretary of ACPIN, a school governor, as well as setting herself the challenge of a personal triathlon each week!
Did I mention she is also bilingual, very witty & a warm human being?
I have loved having Anna as part of our team & we are very proud of what she has achieved.
Here are just some of her highlights:
- Anna has supported more than 150 patients to achieve their rehabilitation goals.
- Anna has been a team member who willingly shares her experience to the benefit of all.
- Anna has been our Clinical Champion for Balance. Anna’s legacy to SP Therapy Services is her approach to the assessment of balance and falls prevention, & she leaves us well equipped. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-APLCduWrZ0)
- Anna spread the word in our communities about falls prevention as a key to preventing brain injury, speaking to patient & professional groups as well as writing a piece for the 2020 Brain & Spinal Injury Handbook.
- Anna was instrumental in setting up elective student placements with MMU, and you can hear first-hand about their experiences here.
- Anna has taught on both undergraduate and masters programmes.
- Anna has written for Physiopeadia a course on the physiotherapy treatment & management of ABI.
- Anna has presented a poster at ACPIN about her development of a Falls Prevention course for person living with neurological conditions.
- And as lockdown hit, whilst others crumbled under the pressure Anna juggled home schooling, with supporting SP Therapy Services to develop remote therapy via video link
But my personal favourite is this example of how she problem solved complex situations to bring value to our patients lives. Read this inspiring story about one of Anna’s former clients, John: https://www.sptherapyservices.co.uk/johns-vestibular-rehabilitation-journey/
We will miss Anna but know we have been blessed to have her in our team for 8 years.
Go teach the world Anna!